Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Why should you join Parents by Choice?
We offer a supportive community that values and respects all of our families and children.
Without your support, we have no ability to help children in need. You are important to us!
How do I begin?
- It all starts with a call or click here.
- You will be asked to attend our Foster Care Orientation
- You will receive an Application Packet (the yellow documents are the most important documents to complete first)
- The next step is to attend our Pre-Approval Trainings (Session 1 and 2)
- Begin the Home Study Process
- Complete the Mandated Reporter Training General Training
The process can take 8-12 weeks.
What are the qualifications?
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Single or Married
- A rented or owned home/apartment with adequate bedroom space
- The desire and ability to provide a safe, caring home for children in need
- Able to pass a background check for all adults in the home
- Willing to drive to Stockton, California on occasion for trainings
Other Types of Foster Care
What Makes Parents by Choice different from the County or another agency?
With Parents by Choice, our social workers are on call 24/7 to help in a crisis situation. We also provide trainings for free once a month, which also acts as a support group.
What counties do you serve?
We serve multiple counties in the Central Valley area, such as San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and the south side of Sacramento county.
If I work full-time, can I be a Resource Parent?
Yes, in this case we would generally recommend fostering school-aged children unless one parent is able to be home with the child(ren).
Is there financial assistance available?
Yes. Resource parents are reimbursed on a monthly basis. Each child will be evaluated by the placing county to determine their specific needs with the first 60 days of placement and reimbursement will be adjusted accordingly. A breakdown of the rates is included in the application packet.
What is the biggest need?
We constantly receive placement calls for teenagers and children in Intensive Service Foster Care.